Office movers  are the kind people who are most likely to move overseas. Vancouver Mover has perfected a list of the basic stuff. An international move is a complicated affair. Consider these tips as places to start your research.

office movers

Find Employment

You’ll need work visas or permits, knowledge of the job market, an understanding of the city you’re moving to and a few connections to make the hunt a little less arduous.

Try networking before you move and see if you have any friends of friends who could offer some support in your new city.

Transfer Bank Accounts

Before moving, investigate financial institutions in your future destination. Here are some good questions to consider:

  • Can you set up an account beforehand?
  • How easy is to close the account if you decide the international move is not for you?
  • What kind of fees are associated with the account?

You don’t want to fly into your new country with a bunch of cash in your wallet and hope that you don’t get mugged. Do as much research as possible before you go.

Office Movers

Consult an Accountant

If you thought paying taxes in Canada was complicated, just wait until you try to figure out your tax obligation overseas.

For that reason and many more, consult with an accountant before you leave the country. A finance professional will be able to help you come with a plan to stay organized when you move overseas.

Check Your Health Insurance

What’s worse than being in the hospital with appendicitis? Knowing that you’re insurance might not cover overseas doctors.

Before leaving, check with your health care provider to ensure that you (and your family) are covered in case if injury or illness. This also should be discussed with a potential employer before you commit to the job and a move overseas.

Research Education Opportunities

If you’re moving with your kids, you’ll want to investigate the educational possibilities. Here are some starter questions:

  • Are your children fluent in the country’s native language?
  • Do they need a school that specializes in teaching Canadian citizens?